Hi everyone! My name is Valerie and I am super excited to be guest posting on the Simple Eats blog. I am a personal chef and recipe developer based out of Charleston SC. My goal is to give busy folks more time and joy in their life by sharing simple healthy recipes or cooking for them in their kitchen.
Today’s recipe for Instant Pot Buffalo wings was born out of my love for all things buffalo. I CRAVE crispy spicy wings, but I don’t always crave the fact that they are breaded or fried in unhealthy oils. Luckily, the Instant Pot is a HUGE help in making sure you get that perfect crisp and flavor without all the junk.
Check Out: The Instant Pot I use daily
There is a secret ingredient in the seasoning and it is baking powder. When I first heard of this, I was making the face you’re probably making now but I promise that this wizardry is real and will make it hard to go back to making wings any other way!
To make this recipe Whole30 & Paleo omit baking powder. They will still be crispy and wonderful!
INSTANT POT CRISPY BUFFALO WINGS
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings (wings and drummettes)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- salt/pepper to taste
- Place the trivet in your instant pot along with one cup of water
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper
- Add wings onto the trivet of the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes
- Remove wings and place onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with baking powder.
- Place wings under broiler for about 5-8 minutes or until they start to get crispy.
- Toss wings in buffalo sauce, and place them back under the broiler for another 5 minutes or until desired crispness is reached.
Check Out My Other Easy Buffalo Recipes . . .
Valerie Skinner is a personal chef & recipe developer that bridges the gap between healthy eating and busy lives by providing simple healthy meals and recipes for you and your family. Thyme and JOY is a partner with the Whole 30 Approved program.