So, I walked into the kitchen today and realized that I had a bunch of ripe avocados waiting to be eaten. Honestly, they wouldn’t even survive another day on the counter. They were calling for HELP. LOL. So, I figured it’s time for me to chef it up in the kitchen with this brain boosting fruit! First, I took some of the avocados and made a simple avocado smoothie with: spinach, almond milk, avocados, 2 scoops of Garden of Life plant based protein, and a handful of ice. There was no need to add any extra sweetener. Delicious!
My second recipe, which is (as you already know) featured below, is the famous Avocado Chocolate Mousse. My first encounter to this healthy, yes healthy, dessert/snack, was in culinary school. I remember being blown away by the creamy texture that the avocados provide to this dish. Now this isn’t the exact recipe from culinary school… as that was years ago, but this is my creative twist to that dish, utilizing the ingredients I already had in the kitchen. Simple Eaters, this recipe is so simple to make and absolutely delicious! You can easily store this in an air tight container, a mason jar, or any glass like jar that seals well. It’s important to use something that seals well so that it can last longer in the fridge. Technically, it should last for a week in the fridge, maybe even longer, but I’m not chancing that. So, lets grab your kitchen gear and have some fun!
Avocado: is a fruit, in case you didn’t know that. It contains oleic acid, which is known to reduce inflammation, and consider consuming this amazing fruit for cancer prevention.
Oat Milk: is a great substitute for your nut milk. The perfect vegan alternative to dairy!
Chocolate: brings people together, well… besides the romantic cuddling that comes with feeding chocolate to your significant other. Real chocolate is probably one the best substitutes to most junk foods. Some of the nutritional benefits can be protecting your skin from the sun and promoting brain function.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Recipe Serves: 5
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 2/3 Cup Oat Milk
- 1/4 Maple Syrup
- 4oz Melted Chocolate Chips
- 4 Heaping Tbsp Cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
How to make your Chocolate Mousse:
- All of your ingredients should be placed in a blender or food processor and blended until smooth.
- Serve the chocolate mousse in a small bowl and enjoy! Or store in a glass jar (that seals tightly) to be eaten at a later date.
- If your mousse is too thick, add a little more oat milk to get the desired consistency.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Nut Free
- Make sure the avocados that are being used are ripe and ready to go. Otherwise, you may have some difficulty getting the consistency nice and smooth. Due to varying blender abilities, your mousse may end up with having small bits of avocado pieces, that weren’t able to be blended completely.
- Should you buy organic avocados? Although it’s important to purchase organic ingredients, fruits or vegetables that naturally have a tougher skin are less likely to contain any harsh chemicals.
- Mason Jar